Somerset Crimebeat was launched in 1998 is to give young people up to the age of 25 an opportunity to help combat crime and the causes of crime in the community.
It is led by the current High Sheriff of Somerset and successive High Sheriffs have also pledged their support, providing valuable continuity throughout the years.
Somerset Crimebeat is supported by Avon and Somerset Constabulary, Local Authority Youth and Community Services and The Probation Service.
As of October 2016 Somerset Crimebeat Trust is administered by Somerset Community Foundation, in partnership with Quartet Community Foundation, but will remain an independent charity.
- To promote a safer and improved quality of life through the prevention of crime.
- To provide young people with the opportunity to use their energy and imagination to develop crime prevention initiatives.
- To advance education amongst young people about the cause and effect of crime, as well as the dangers of alcohol, drug and solvent abuse.
Click for Mobile site
- It is a great pleasure to support the work of the Somerset Crimebeat Trust in helping young people avoid crime and making the county a better and safer community. The Trust, which is linked to a national initiative, has grown considerably since the start and has succeeded in providing a large number of grants in support of a variety of youth activities.
Lady Gass DCVO, Lord-Lieutenant of Somerset
- Since its foundation in 1998, the Somerset Crimebeat Trust has been successful in helping to fund a diverse selection of activities and projects for young people in our county. It is reassuring to see that people within the community willingly give such generous help to others around them. I'm delighted to support the ongoing work of such a worthwhile organisation.
The Right Reverend Peter Hancock, Bishop of Bath & Wells
- I am constantly amazed by the brilliance of the young people I meet. They fill me with optimism for the future of our communities. Avon and Somerset Constabulary will help in whatever way we can to support and promote the initiatives for young people funded by Somerset Crimebeat through the charitable trust.
Acting Chief Constable John Long, Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Somerset Crimebeat is funded entirely by donations and the Trustees would like to express their gratitude to its donors, some of whom have contributed generously on a regular basis.
We appreciate all donations, large or small; if you would like to help young disadvantaged people in Somerset by making a contribution, please click here.